Follow these steps to recycle your leaves:
- From November 8 to December 17, set leaf bags next to trash and recyclables on your regular trash day
- Use only brown paper leaf bags*
- They get recycled along with the leaves, saving time and labor costs
- Leaves in plastic trash bags will be collected as trash, not recycling
- Do not mix trash or other recyclables with leaves
- Set out as many bags as you need, maximum 40 lbs. per bag
- Set out no later than 7:00 AM on your collection day
- Mechanical leaf collection will not be available
- You can also drop your bagged leaves off at one of the City’sr Sanitation Convenience Centers
During this six-week program, we will collect and compost them to fertilize gardens and nourish trees. So throw yourself into it. The more leaves you bag, the more compost to spread around. And that’s good for everyone.
Fallen leaves shouldn’t go to waste. Let’s work together to make this Bagged Leaf Drive another victory for recycling and our UnLitter Us Campaign!
*Recyclable paper leaf bags are available at most home improvement and hardware stores, and at many grocery stores.
Questions? Call 311.