East Mt Airy Neighbors Executive Director Job Description
Making a Good Community Better
The East Mt Airy Neighbors (EMAN) Executive Director works with East Mt. Airy residents and the EMAN’s Board of Directors to sustain a strong non-profit community organization focused on maintaining and enhancing East Mt Airy as a great neighborhood. The Executive Director reports to the President of the Board.
- Understanding the variety of neighborhood assets and the common needs and concerns of neighbors.
- Working with the EMAN board of directors to annually prioritize and deliver specific quality programming to benefit the neighborhood and its residents. For example, current programming includes:
- Mt Airy 2025 Collaborative – Attending regular meetings and work with collaborative leadership, representatives and neighborhood residents on specific goals tied to 2025 goals around Safety & Placemaking, Seniors, Retail/Commerce, Homes/Housing, Early Childhood & Youth Engagement; Building community relationships and organizing community around goals identified through the 2025 planning process.
- Monthly RCO meetings – Tracking local variance requests; instructing applicants on the process of communicating to near neighbors and the zoning process; and coordinating monthly community meetings and resulting communications for ZBA decision-making.
- EMAN Community Fund – Working with The Philadelphia Foundation and the EMAN board of directors to support funding of programs and ideas that benefit East Mt Airy residents.
- Mt Airy Day – Collaborating with community organizations and neighbors to deliver the annual event to bring neighbors together and highlight community assets.
- Mt Airy Schools Coalition – Supporting efforts that strengthen local public schools.
- Toast to Mt Airy – Coordinating with the board of directors to deliver annual fundraising event.
- Working with the Board of Directors through a visioning process to refine organizational purpose and prioritize programming.
- Representing EMAN at meetings and forums as aligned with advancing board and neighborhood priorities.
- Strengthening existing relationships, and cultivating new relationships, on behalf of EMAN with other organizations, city agencies, elected officials, the 14th PPD, the general public, and the media, for increased effectiveness and for community development. Effectively and efficiently working with all neighborhood organizations i.e. Mt Airy USA, WMAN, BID, etc., to the benefits of neighbors.
- Improving awareness and visibility of EMAN and its neighborhood value, including through the use of technology i.e. website updates, and newsletter and social media communications.
- Overseeing all aspects of an annual membership drive and resource development, including sponsorships, event, and grant funding opportunities, and identifying and engaging prospective members and donors.
- Helping to foster increased volunteer participation in EMAN programming and committees.
- Managing day to day office operations and tracking all ongoing income and expenses of the organization.
- Performing tasks in order of priority with minimum daily oversight.
- Performing other relevant duties as appropriate and required.
Qualities/ Other Requirements:
- A B.A./B.S. is required.
- Computer proficiency required, experience w/ CMS and CRM and social media platforms preferred.
- Experience in community organizing and organizational operations is desirable.
- Preference given towards candidates residing in East Mt Airy or northwest Philadelphia.
- Reliable transportation is required.
- This is a half-time to ¾ -time position depending on funding (depending if job includes 2025 Collaborative responsibilities).
- Flexible scheduling required. Includes up to 2 regularly scheduled evening meetings any given week.
Salary is in the range of $35,000 – $40,000 for a 25-30 hr. week, no benefits. Please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
EMAN is an Equal Opportunity Employer